PURPOSE AND SCOPE
Mentee is strongly committed to respecting your online privacy and recognizes the need for appropriate protection and management of any Personal Information collected and/or collated by us.
The purpose of this Data Privacy & Data Security Policy is to ensure that there is an intact charter to collect, use and protect any personal and/or sensitive data collected by us. This Policy defines how we collect, use and safeguard this data.
This Policy is applicable to all employees, consultants, vendors, associates, agents, and directors of Mentee and any other person affiliated with Mentee.
Please be advised that in any Sensitive Information (as defined herein below) procured by us, shall be:
- Processed fairly and lawfully;
- Obtained only for specified and lawful purposes, and must not be used in any manner which is against the law or policy in force in India;
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose for which it is required;
- Abe to be reviewed by the user, from time to time and updated-if need arises; and
- Not kept longer than for the time which it is required or the purpose for which it is required.
Moreover, you understand that this Information may be transferred to any third party for performance of a lawful contract between Mentee and such third party.
If you do not agree with this Policy, you may be permitted to refuse or withdraw your consent, or alternatively to not provide us with any Personal Information.
Such an intimation to withdraw your consent can be provided in letter, phone or e-mail to the communication details provided below:
TECHADEMICS ANALYTICS PRIVATE LIMITED
#677, 1st Floor, Suite No.304
27th Main, 13th Cross, HSR Layout, Sector 1, Bangalore
Karnataka, India 560102
OTHER LEGITIMATE BASES FOR PROCESSING
Mentee may also process your personal and non-personal information, we may also collect and process your information for various legitimate businesses purposes such as to provide you with our services, to perform contracts or agreements we may have with you, to contact you about your account, or to effect financial transactions.
TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED BY MENTEE
When you use our Website or connect with us for our services we collect and store your personal information which is provided by you from time to time.
- Non-Personal Information
- Information through use of our service
- This means and includes information which is procured through the use of our service, including but not limited to the time spent responding to each question, behavioral patterns in answering questions, the amount of educational material viewed by you, and the number of questions attempted by you.
- Non-personal Information
- This shall mean any information which is gathered when a user visits the website, the interested course material of the User, and the pages which were visited and the pages which were “clicked” by the user.
- Information through use of our service
- Personal information
- Personal Information
- This means and includes any information through which an individual is identified, such as the name, contact details, email address or any other relevant material provided by a user when they register for an account on the website; including but not limited to information gathered through a purchase of a service, survey, e-mail updates. This includes information regarding the socio-economic profile of a student such as ascertaining which category the student falls into (which is General/OBC/SC/ST), the scores and ranks of the student in exams such as IIT JEE, AIEEE, NEET, etc. This also includes information pertaining to the racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health etc. of a user, either as provided by the user through the website or as otherwise provided.
- Sensitive Information
- This means and includes any information of a person under the Data Protection Law in force in India, such as password; financial information such as bank account or credit card or debit card or any other payment information, physical, physiological and mental health information; sexual orientation; medical records and history; biometric information; and any other information provided to Mentee for rendering Service or for processing, storing under a lawful contract or otherwise.
- Communication with Mentee
- When you provide us your Personal Information, you acknowledge and agree to give consent that we may use this information, for contacting or communicating with you for business, marketing, promotional and any other purposes as deemed fit by Mentee.
- Integrated Service Information
- This means and includes any information obtained through access to any other social media platform (Facebook, Google, etc.) integrated with Mentee. Mentee may collect this information already provided in your integrated service account.
- Information from your parents/guardian
- This means and includes any information which is provided in a case where a child is less than 18 years of age and the data provided by their parent and/or guardian.
- Locational Information
- This shall mean and include the information obtained through GPS or other means, such as the geographical location of the user.
- Personal Information
PURPOSE OF COLLECTION AND USAGE OF THIS INFORMATION
- Support regular Mentee usage
- Identity verification:
- This information is particularly pertinent for identity verification and to authenticate the submissions made on the website.
- Internal Record Keeping:
- We use the information (as enumerated hereinabove), save and except Sensitive Information, to ascertain the types of classes or courses more relevant to your interests and to suit your needs. It helps in building a statistical database to analyze the characteristics, behavior and demographics of our users. This information is used solely to promote our business activities.
- Communications with Mentee:
- When you provide us your Personal Information, we may use this information to communicate with you in the future.
- Ease of use of our services:
- The Sensitive Information is used to ensure continued service to a user and not to interrupt the learning of any user because of any such concern (logistical or otherwise) and depending on the specifics of each user.
- Identity verification:
- Improving your experience
- Increase output:
- The information collated through use of our service, save and except Personal Information, Information from your parent/guardian and Sensitive Information, is used to enhance our relationship with you and provide you better means to increase user’s learning outcomes. It is Mentee’s endeavor to grow interest in a user by providing services which are relevant to a particular user. Moreover, Mentee uses all this information to analyze the usage trends, learning behaviors and preferences of our users, to improve the way these services work and look with respect to you, including updating, enhancing the operations and functionality of these features.
- Business or Research Purposes:
- The information (as enumerated above), save and except Personal Information, Information from your parent/guardian and Sensitive Information, is used for business or research purposes, including improving and customizing the website for ease of use and the products and services offered by us. We may archive this information to use it for future communications for providing updates and/or surveys.
- Improve functionality:
- All information, save and except Personal Information, Information from your parent/guardian and Sensitive Information, is used to provide a personalized learning and high-quality experience for our Users by increasing site functionality and the services offered by Mentee.
- Aggregating Information:
- We may aggregate Information and analyze it a manner to further accentuate the level of educational services that we offer to our customers. This information includes average number of visitors on the Website, the average clicks of the Services offered by Us, the features used, the response rate, etc. and other such statistics regarding groups or individuals. In doing so, we shall not be making disclosures of any Sensitive Information as defined above.
- Increase output:
DISCLOSURE AND SHARING OF INFORMATION
We do not disclose or share any information that we collect from you with third parties, save and except with your prior consent, or as per the procedure prescribed by Law or in compliance with a legal obligation. The details of the information shared with your consent are given as follows:
When compelled by law
- We may share information upon merger or acquisition: We shall transmit and transfer the information upon acquisition or merger of Mentee with another company.
- We may share information with other service providers who are under obligation: Mentee works with vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers in different industries and categories of business by virtue of lawful contracts instituted between such third parties and Mentee to improve our product
On your authorization
- We may share information with social networking sites: Some of our Users choose to connect their Mentee account with social networks. In such a case and upon your express authorization, we may share your Personal Information with such networks.
- We may share data with third-party applications that you authorize: Third-party application developers and service providers may build complementary services for our platform, such as a mobile application for visually-impaired learners to access our resources.
Please be advised that the information shall only be shared, without your consent, with Government agencies mandated under the law to obtain information including Sensitive Information or information for the purpose of verification of identity or for prevention, detection, investigation including cyber incidents, prosecution, and punishment of offences. You can be assured that no Sensitive Information shall ever be published on this website.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
Any information provided by you including sensitive information can only be transferred to any other entity or person in India, or located in another country, that ensures the same level of data protection as is provided in the Policy. Such a transfer is subject to a lawful contract between Mentee and the third party or in a case where there is an express authorization for such a transfer to be effectuated.
You retain several rights in relation to your data as provided under applicable law. These may include the rights to:
- Access, confirm, and review data you may have provided
- Correct data that may be inaccurate or irrelevant
- Deletion and erasure of your data in our possession
- Receive data we hold about you in a portable format
- Object to or restrict any form of processing you may not be comfortable with
In order to exercise these rights, please contact us on the email address provided above.
To update, correct, review, or amend the information that has been previously provided by you, you may make the changes on your account profile page by signing in and saving the said changes/ modifications. Any change/ modification made by you will be reflected on the website. Alternatively, you may write us at the above-mentioned contact details.
CONTROL THE COLLECTION OR USE OF THE INFORMATION
If Users have any reservations, constraints or apprehensions regarding the access to, collection, storage, or any other use of the information they have provided to Mentee, they may withdraw their consent in the manner indicated above.
In the event Users have specific constraints regarding the access to, collection, storage, or any other use of the Information provided to Mentee, or if they have changed their mind regarding consent previously granted to Mentee, then such Users may communicate the nature, manner and degree of collection, storage, disclosure or other use of the Information to Mentee, by writing at https://www.mentee.co.in/contact_us.
RETENTION OF DATA
All information provided by you, save and except upon withdrawal or termination, shall be retained as long as your account is created and for use in operational purposes only. We will delete information based on a request received from you within a reasonable period and latest within 90 days of receiving a deletion request.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
Mentee will not sell your information to third parties unless Mentee has your permission or is required by law to do so. Mentee may use your information to send you promotional information about third parties which Mentee think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
To protect your privacy and security, Mentee takes steps to verify your identity before granting you account access or making corrections to your information. You should create and maintain a strong password to help ensure the security of your account. We use certain physical, managerial, technical or operational safeguards as per industry standards and established best practices to protect the information we collect. However, as effective as these measures are, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. If you have any concerns please feel free to contact the Grievance Officer at the details given herein below.
CHANGES AND UPDATES TO POLICY
Mentee may modify or revise this Policy from time to time and shall accordingly notify users of any changes to this Policy by posting the revised Policy with an updated date of revision. Mentee shall endeavor to review, revise, update, modify, amend or correct this Policy on a regular and routine basis, especially whenever a significant update is made to the technology employed by Mentee for its products and services.
DISCREPANCIES AND GRIEVANCES WITH MENTEE
In case of any discrepancy or grievance with respect to all or any information shared with Mentee, please feel free to contact at firstname.lastname@example.org
We assure you that we shall ensure implementation of this Policy, and shall make the Policy available to individuals and redress the grievances of the user expeditiously within one month from the date of receipt of grievance.
Please feel free to reach out to use by e-mail at www.mentee.co.in/contactus or mail at Techademics Analytics Pvt Ltd, #677, 1st Floor, Suite No.304, 27th Main, 13th Cross, HSR Layout, Sector 1, Bangalore, Karnataka, India 560102, in case of any concerns, grievances, or questions relating to our privacy or data related practices.
GOVERNING LAWS AND JURISDICTION
This website, our services and the use of it is governed by the laws of India and the courts in Bangalore shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes connected to our website.